Thursday, February 18, 2010

Odds and Ends #1

Hola!

I realize it was but an hour ago that I posted lamenting my complicated internet situation, but in a fortuitous turn of events I have found a more reliable connection (albeit somewhat further from home).  In the past several internet-less days I have had some time to sort photos.  I have arranged three posts worth of odds and ends that got lost in the shuffle of things earlier on.  Here is number 1:

To start with, a couple of the large, common flycatchers here:

Great Kiskadee (Pitangus sulfuratus)

























Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus)

























One of those lovely butterflies from the MBG (Monteverde Butterfly Gardens); the Postman, who gets his name from his odd habit of following a consistent route through his habitat every day.

Postman (Heliconius melpomene)















In my continuing attempt to be a bit more artistic with my photography, and to capture the awesome trees here, I give you: a tree.

A Tree

























One more, a grab-shot of our most common swallow:

Blue-and-white Swallows (Notiochelidon cyanoleuca)















That's it for now, Odds and Ends #2 approaches!

Cheers!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment