Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello!

Yet another photo-less post, I know.  Things have been busy, what can I say?  But it will all change shortly!  I have been invited to join a trip to Cuba and help out with some bird ID and other things.  We leave in 4 days and stay for 8.  I am really hoping to spend a solid amount of time taking pictures!

We will be staying near Santa Cruz del Norte for most of the trip, with a special tour to Zapata Swamp (home of such exciting endemics as Zapata Sparrow, Zapata Wren, Zapata Rail, Cuban Crocodile and others).  See the following map for an idea of the geography (A is where we are staying , B is the swamp).


View Larger Map

Fingers crossed for exciting things!  I will not have internet access during the trip, but will post some photos upon return.

Cheers!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment