Monday, December 20, 2010

Wintertime!

Hello!

Oh the woes of a macro photographer in winter.  Where have all the little critters gone?  Hibernation, thou hast robbed me of my subjects.  How cruel.

Photography always seems to be a bit slow in the winter, which leaves me a little short on blog updates.  Perhaps I will have to expand my horizons.

On the positive side, winter birds are in!  Did a couple of Christmas Bird Counts over the weekend and had some success.  Highlights include 1 Northern Goshawk, 1 Bald Eagle, 2 Rough-legged Hawks, 2 Red-bellied Woodpeckers, 3 Eastern Bluebirds, 70 Wild Turkeys, and 665 Bohemian Waxwings.  It's like my own little version of the 12 days of Christmas.  I never was very good at counting...

On another positive note, I'm headed to Cuba early in the new year.  That should keep my itchy trigger finger happy for a little while.  More to come on that later.

Happy Holidays!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment