Monday, February 20, 2012

Pelagic Birding

Got the internet for a brief period - just long enough to post a couple of quick picks from today's pelagic birding trip with Zest For Birds.  What an amazing day!  Literally thousands of seabirds, many within only metres of the boat!  Personal highlights were definitely 4 species of albatross, and also Subantarctic Skua so close I could almost touch it!  Awesome!!

I spent most of the time staring awestruck at the birds, but I did manage to grab a few photos as well.  I've never shot pelagic before, so it was a bit of an experiment!  All in all, fairly pleased with the preliminary results.

Shy Albatross (Thallasarche cauta)















White-chinned Petrel (Procellaria aequinoctialis)















That's all for now - on the plane to Nelspruit tomorrow then into Kruger for 9 days.  I expect to have no internet there, so it may be a while before next communication.

Until then!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment