Monday, May 12, 2014

Mission: Bloodroot

Hello!

I have finally managed to get out and do some shooting, and am now sorting through a whack of photos from the last little while.  This morning I decided to go in search of a spring wildflower that I've been wanting to photograph for a while: Bloodroot.  Those who know me know that I'm not much of a plant person, but I try to get myself out there at least once per Spring to take advantage of the spectacular blooms that dapple the forest floor.  They are actually tons of fun to shoot, and move less than my usually quarry.  I'm almost always pleased with the results.

Bloodroot, somehow, has evaded me in previous Springs...I always seem to miss it.  But I knew the timing would be right today, and I had fortuitously booked the day off work, so it was the perfect opportunity!  Exposing these snow-white flowers properly is a challenge, both in-camera and in post, but I did manage to get some shots I'm pretty happy with.

Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)





















Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)















Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)















Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)















Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)





















I did shoot some other wildflowers as well, and couldn't resist a few animal subjects, so hopefully more photos soon!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment