Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Still Here!

Hello!

It has been some time since my last update, but that's mostly because I have been busy moving to my new place in Guelph, Ontario!  I am excited to be back in Guelph, and looking forward to using this as my home base for the next while.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to run into some old friends and be invited to join in some herp surveying.  I took the camera along, as I've been dying to get out and get shooting.  This was the perfect opportunity.  One of the first herps we saw (and heard) was the American Toad.

American Toad (Anaxyrus [Bufo] americanus)















Spring is definitely coming in to full swing and it's not just the toads that know it.  Marsh Marigold was blooming in huge clusters everywhere.

Marsh Marigold (Caltha palustris)

























The definite highlight of the day came near the end, when we found a species I have never seen in the wild: the endangered Wood Turtle.

Wood Turtle (Glyptemys insculpta)















Wood Turtle (Glyptemys insculpta)















All-in-all an excellent day, and hopefully a sign of good things to come!

Cheers!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment