Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Great Day in the Woods!

Hello!

Spent my Canada Day in the woods (the Canadian woods).  Herps were the target, and I was back to my favourite amphibian spot with a couple of friends.  The herp scene started off a bit slow, but there were lots of other things to occupy me.

Red Mushrooms

























A Cool Slug...















Hairstreak (Satyrium sp.)















Eventually we started to turn up some herps, much to my enjoyment.

Red-spotted Newt (Red Eft) (Notophthalmus viridescens viridescens)















Wood Frog (Lithobates sylvaticus)















Undoubtedly the find of the day (and not made by me) was this picture-perfect (no pun intended) Four-toed Salamander.

Four-toed Salamander (Hemidactylium scutatum)















That's all for now!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment