Monday, July 19, 2010

Odonate ID

Hello,

So I spent 5 minutes reading this evening (yes, I can read) - something I maybe should have endeavoured to do prior to my earlier post.  It's amazing how reading can really teach you things.  It has been good (read challenging) to catch up on some long-forgotten damselflies.

So to that effect, the third "bluet" in my series is actually a Violet Dancer - a damsel that I knew to be a riverine species but found some distance from the nearest river.  I'm quite doubtful of the first "bluet" as well, but I guess I didn't get that far in my reading.  The unknown pruinose (fuzzy) damsel is a Powdered Dancer (I believe).

As usual, if I'm wrong and you'd like to correct me please feel free.  Otherwise I'll never learn :).

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment