Sunday, July 31, 2011

Herps!

As promised, I got out to a few favourite local spots for some photography today.  I missed some of the species I was after, but got a few decent shots nonetheless.

Wood Frog (Lithobates sylvaticus) see more...















Spring Peeper (Pseudacris crucifer) see more...


















Northern Leopard Frog (Lithobates pipiens) see more...


Salamander (Ambystoma sp.) see more...















Eastern Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis)
















That's all for now!
:)
Kyle

2 comments:

  1. How do you find all of these, just walking by, or with a little rooting through the ground cover, etc.? Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Most of these guys were found just by walking through suitable habitat and keeping an eye out for movement. The salamander I found under a log (which I carefully rolled back in place of course!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete