Monday, March 1, 2010

Odds and Ends #3

Hola!

The last odds-and-ends post for now, with 6 more random photos from the last little while.  Here goes:

On a recent trip to a neighbouring property, the Sanctuario Biologico, I managed some very satisfactory  macro photography with a few cooperative subjects.  I love this type of photography, and was really happy with the results.  First is a tiny lizard who I startled as he crossed the trail.  He is no more than 2 inches from tip to tail:

Unknown Lizard















The second is a gorgeous damselfly with red-tinted wing-bases:

Unknown Damselfly















A few more shots from the butterfly gardens as well.  First a Glasswing Butterfly:

Glasswing (Greta oto)

























And some aphids:

Aphids

























A slight break in my artistic (ha!) tree series for an insert from my also artistic (also ha!) water series:

Rapid















I'm not entirely happy with the result, but it's fun to play with the moving water and long exposure times.  Lastly, a very cooperative bird that I found on a second trip to the Sanctuario:

Pale-billed Woodpecker (Campephilus guatemalensis)

























I'm all out of odds and ends, so I guess I'd better get out there and take some more photos!

Cheers,
Kyle

1 comment:

  1. My guess is Norops humilis. We caught several of these in the Tortuguero area, and I have no idea if they occur in your area or not as I don't have my references with me here. As I said... a guess!

    ReplyDelete