Friday, March 12, 2010

Things In My Room

Hola!

So my time in Monteverde is nearing the end (3 more days), and I thought that the best way to finish up would be by posting some photos of my roommates.  For the last two months I have been sharing my tiny room with a plethora of interesting critters, so here they are!

#1 - Scorpions (regular resident)

























I have been stung by no fewer than two scorpions in my sleep.  Nothing like stumbling out of bed at 5am to relocate the scorpion from under your pillow.

#2 - Spiders (abundant and variable resident)















A male (above) and female (below)
















#3 - Earwig (occasional visitor)















Look at those pincers!

#4 - House Centipede (likely frequent resident, often undetected)

























#5 - Gecko (one-time visitor)















#6 - Wasp (rare visitor)















As you can tell, the interior decorating here is stellar.  Most of these are quick grab-shots on my way to bed, so not exactly fine art but fun nonetheless.

I will be leaving Monteverde on Monday and spending two weeks exploring the country - first Corcovado NP then Tortuguero NP.  I imagine that I will have limited access but will try to post when possible.  Either way I shall post more photos upon return to Canada.

Cheers!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment